Friday, January 4, 2008

Talking about Alter do Cháo

The other day Steven Alexander on his blog http://bosque-santa.blogspot.com/ put out pictures and words about Alter do Cháo, the beautiful place at the Tapajós river. I have stolen the picture below from his blog (pardon). The reason is that the seedpods are beautiful and that I have one pod of the kind on my bookshelf in Tullinge, Sweden. And one seed that I will try to cultivate when summer comes! (I have a greenhouse.)

















Stevens picture!


Here you can see some fallen pods from januari 2007. One of them I carried back to Tullinge.














I picked them up under this tree. I do not know the name!














One of the evenings at Alter do Chao we were picked by this boat and taken to a piracáia on a beautiful beach.















This people took care of us and gave us to eat and drink in a beautiful way.














And they danced and created the story about Bóto!













No comments: